Flooring is a huge element that could, and should, be a key element in the design of your home to capture a mood. When tackling a new room design look to the color, lines and finish of your floor. Mixing design styles can also keep your remodel fresh feeling and interesting enough that you’ll keep it around for years. Above all, don’t be afraid to get funky.
5 Interior Design Tips for Incorporating Flooring
1. Color Palette: get your samples ready, and go crazy with them, throw the ones you don’t like to the ground, then pick a select few that you love and absolutely work with your flooring and tack those samples onto your Inspiration Board – see Tip 2.
2. Inspiration Board: What designs make your world go round? Soft tones, french doors, mosaics? Gather images from the web/Pinterest, then print them out and plaster them to a board, you can also use texture samples, etc.
3. Signature piece: Find a signature piece to design with your floors in mind and then design the rest of the room around it.
4. Room usage: if your room is open, high ceiling room and you want to soften up the sound and feel of the space think about adding an area rug.
5. Floor product consideration: Your floor product should be incorporated with the design. A light bamboo floor goes amazingly well in a contemporary design.
If you have design tips please leave a comment!